SBA > ORD
Santa Barbara Airport Announces Daily Nonstop
Service between Santa Barbara and Chicago Starting June 3
SANTA BARBARA, CA - 5/24/2021
Santa Barbara Airport (SBA) is excited to announce United Airlines will offer direct service to Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD) starting on June 3, 2021. The daily service will depart from SBA at 7:00 am and arrive at ORD at 1:20 pm local time. Advance booking is available now on https://www.united.com/en/us. The route will be served by an Embraer 175, with two-class service and a capacity of up to 76 passengers.
"We are honored that United Airlines has chosen SBA for new service via its Chicago hub," says Airport Director, Henry Thompson. "For Santa Barbara area residents, it will be our farthest direct flight with connections to more than 40 destinations across the Midwest and East Coast and will also shave hours off the typical routes via Denver, Los Angeles or San Francisco. As international travel opens this route will connect Santa Barbara to over 60 international destinations."
"We are thrilled that our community will now have access to nonstop service from our beautiful city to Chicago and beyond," says Cathy Murillo, Santa Barbara Mayor. "It is equally as important for our tourism industry and this service will help bring visitors to our region year-round."
As part of the promotion for the new Chicago service, Dave's Dogs Grill https://davesdogs805.com/ will be set up outside the terminal's main entrance every Saturday and Sunday from 11:00 am - 1:00 pm for the entire month of June. Among a variety of fun and delicious options, Dave's Dogs will be featuring their Chicago Dog and will have vegetarian selections as well. SBA encourages the entire community to come by to enjoy a specialty hot dog with friends and families.
SBA has created a "Safe Air Travel Check List" as an easy reminder for travelers, which includes:
- Face Coverings
- Hand and Surface Sanitizers
- Wash Hands Regularly
- Keep a Safe 6 ft (2M) Distance from Others
- Check with Your Airline for Specific Regulations
- Do Not Travel if You Are Feeling Sick
For a copy of the checklist and more information about what to expect when traveling through SBA during the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit www.FlySBA.com.
Santa Barbara Airport offers the following Direct Flights:
- Chicago via American Airlines: Seasonal Service only on Saturdays and Sundays between May 8 - September 5, 2021
- Chicago via United Airlines starting June 3, 2021
- Dallas via American Airlines
- Denver via United Airlines and Southwest Airlines
- Las Vegas via Southwest Airlines
- Los Angeles via United Airlines
- Oakland via Southwest Airlines
- Phoenix via American Airlines
- Portland via Alaska Airlines
- San Diego via Alaska Airlines starting June 17, 2021
- San Francisco via United Airlines
- Seattle via Alaska Airlines